British Weapons

British Hobnailed Trench Club with Lead Band

British Hobnailed Trench Club with Lead Band
Unit Price: 1,40 EUR
(incl. 19,00% VAT. and plus Shipping costs)
Weight: 3,00 g

IS47 - British Trench Club 1IS47 - British Trench Club 2IS49 - French Adrian Helmet Artillerie Speciale - 3

British Hobnailed Trench Club / Mace with Lead Band / Britische Holzgrabenkeule mit Nägeln und Bleiband

  • Scale / Maßstab: 1:16
  • Material: Resin
  • Parts / Teile: 1
  • Code: IS47

Contents / Inhalte:

  • British Hobnailed Trench Club with Lead Band / Britische Holzgrabenkeule mit Nägeln und Bleiband

Single Lewis Machine Gun

Single Lewis Machine Gun
Unit Price: 8,65 EUR
(incl. 19,00% VAT. and plus Shipping costs)
Weight: 8,00 g

059056063067081070072083

Single Lewis Machine Gun / Bt. Lewis Maschinengewehr (Tellergewehr)

  • Scale / Maßstab: 1:16
  • Material: Resin
  • Parts / Teile: 8
  • Infosheet / Infoblatt: English
  • Code: IS20

Contents / Inhalte:

  • Lewis Machine Gun (2 Parts) / Lewis Maschinengewehr  (2 Teile)
  • Bipod / Zweibein
  • 2 x Drum Magazines / 2 x Trommelmagazinen
  • 16 x Empty Cartridges / 16 x Leere Patronen

Lewis Gun: Originally designed by Samuel MacLean and then redesigned by Colonel Isaac Newton Lewis of the United States Coast Artillery. In 1913, after having the gun rejected by the US Army, Colonel Lewis set up production in a factory in Liege, Belgium. Before the Germans overran Belgium in 1914 the production was transferred to the Birmingham Small Arms Company in England. As both sides settled down to mainly four years of static trench warfare, a need for a light machine gun in the British Army became apparent. When introduced it was a welcomed addition to the infantryman’s firepower, even with its complex design and numerous different types of stoppages. The rotating magazine held 47 .303-inch rounds in two layers. When being carried on the shoulder the magazine was normally removed to allow the gun to sit more comfortably, closer to the centre of the body. The Germans used captured Lewis guns extensively, equipping infantry, Stormtrooper, MG Units and parts of their Musketen battalions – replacing the Danish Madsens. The guns were re-chambered to take the German 7.92 mm round and unofficially called Tellergewehr or plate rifle. Many German Units retained their Lewis guns, even after the introduction of Germany’s first light machine gun, the Maschinengewehr 08/15, which was somewhat cumbersome and noticeably heavier (17.7 Kg. to 12.25 Kg.). Colour: the wooden stock and pistol grips are of a dark wood. All other parts are a dark gun- metal.

Note: it is possible to hollow out the space between the rear sight and mount, as well as inside the forward sling attachment (under the barrel). The bipod legs should be fixed with the `spade´ like slats facing outwards away from the barrel and with the small wing nuts underneath. The magazine should / can rotate when placed on the gun.

Comments are closed.